Thursday, January 29, 2009

And the waiting begins.......

Okay..the most exciting news to date! Our dossier is officially on it's way to Peru. Expected arrival date? Tomorrow! It will then be in the hands of our "adoption attorney" and she will have it translated and take it to the office herself. Seems as if we should be in the system sometime next week. And the waiting begins......
We have plenty of things to do while we wait. Like, get moving on some Spanish lessons and tons of other details about going to get her and when she arrives HOME. What an awesome day that will be.
I want to add a side note, but very sweet and important. It's how incredibly interested and involved her big brothers are. Each day when they get home from school they ask what happened with items that I might have mentioned the night before. They pay close attention to detail and express their opinions frequently ( which are valued). I am certain that they will the best "Big Brothers" ever!

3 comments:

Amy said...

...while I'm waiting...I will serve You, while I'm waiting...I will worship, while I'm waiting...I will NOT FAINT...I'll be running the race...even while I wait!...I know that when you finally hold lil sister in your arms...the waiting will seem like it was never there! Way to go Dakota and Dayton...I KNOW YOU WILL BE THE BEST BIG BRO'S she could ever have...she is so blessed to have you 2...I love how you both are a vital part of this journey...you both are great boys and God is going to use you greatly...in lil sister's life...and many others! I am so blessed to know you!
Love to you all! I'm waiting with ya!
(oh, I refreshed the page...:)

lisa guier said...

thurns. it was so good to visit with you about our trips and hear from you about the latest step forward! I just read all the posts that I missed whilte we were gone.
She is so blessed to have a family like yours. Praying that your approval will come more quickly than you imagine.
keep me updated!

Carolyn said...

Thank you for inviting me to follow your blog. It will help me remember to pray for you guys. So excited for you to get your little girl!!!!