Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day - In more ways then one!

Ok - I have had a couple "stressful" days! I had not heard anything about the crazy translation and it had been over 3 weeks. Then, it occurred to me to check the date on the physical exams because they can only be 3 months old when you submit your dossier to the SNA office. Well...when I looked them up, my eyes welled up with tears because...... THEY HAD ALL 4 EXPIRED! Arggggggg. If you want me to TRANSLATE that, it means, all four of us would have to re-visit the Dr., AIDS testing and other blood tests, not to mention all the seals, seals, seals. Plus all the $$$ it would cost to have all that re-done! I immediately piped off an e-mail to our agency (Monday night), explaining my concerns and she didn't respond until Tuesday late afternoon saying, "I'm just sure that's all taken care of" - "But I'll check". So, today she e-mailed me again telling me that she had heard from Maria (the lawyer in Peru) and - Get This - IT WAS DONE BEING TRANSLATED AND SHE HAD TURNED IT IN LAST WEEK!!
Hellooooooooooooooo Did anyone know I was going CRAZY here???
Any ole' who ~ That's awesome news! Total answer to prayers over the last couple days. That God would work out all of the details and HE DID! It is a Beautiful Day! :)
Now..we have to wait to be approved, which she said would take a couple months.
My mom reminded me of a song that I learned at church when I was little. (You can make your own conclusions as to why I have remembered every word to this particular song.)
It goes like this:
Have patience ~ Have patience
Don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient
You only start to worry
Remember, Remember
That God is patient too
And think of all the times when others HAD TO WAIT FOR YOU!!
You like it? If you want, I'll sing it for you, cuz I'm in such a Celebratory mood today!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Yea!!! What GREAT news! And I will be happy to sing a duet with you because as you know...I do know that song. Thanks to you.

lisa guier said...

I know that song too. That was awsome to hear that you had good news and like I said earlier today, you're even a week ahead of yourself! Keep singing.9TO YOURSELF)

Amy said...

Can you record that song of you singing and post it somehow on your blog? :) This is the one time that I will tell you...SING IT GIRL!!! SING IT LOUD!!! Just this once! :) Thanks God for being on time and Faithful! Just like we talked about tonight, I believe God was just wanting his people to turn their mouths and eyes to Him and to ask Him for Help, and help He gave...and look how a group of people including your own boys came a lil closer to Christ...lil sister is a lil missionary already! God is using her to point our eyes to Him! love you and praying still!!!

Carolyn said...

1Tim.1
[16] Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Our longsuffering in the things God has called us to in this life is a testimony to the lost world.
That is what I think of when I read your story...
God's Grace and Mercy be on you as you continue to wait on the Lord.

Brenda said...

Everlasting God
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

God, You are everlasting

Tears of joy and anticipation stream down my face as we wait a long side you! Thanks for pointing us toward Him!
Love,
B

Brenda said...

Everlasting God
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord,
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

Our God You reign forever
Our hope, Our strong deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint, You won't grow weary

You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

God, You are everlasting

Tears of joy and excitement stream down my face as we wait with you! Thanks for pointing us to HIM!
Love ya,