Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ask ~ Seek ~ Knock

Matthew 7:7-8
Ask and it will be given to you
Seek and you will find
Knock and the door will be opened to you
For everyone who asks recieves
He who seeks finds
And to him who knocks; the door will be opened

We learned early this morning that after wating for 2 months for a new list, we were not assigned. Our agency says that since there so many children placed on this list, it should better our chances for next time (the end of October???).
Deflated....but not defeated! We will continue to ask, seek and knock - knowing/trusting that this door will in fact - be opened! Someday! God's timing - not ours!:)
Thanks so much for all of your prayers! Can't imagine doing this journey without all of you!

3 comments:

Amy said...

God's Word says that He makes His presence known in the midst of His Praise...I am praising God for the way your lives are shining Him...even in the midst of the storm...You are bringing Him praise in this journey...and I believe that people will be drawn to Him because of His presence in your lives...you are loved.

Psalm 9:2
I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.

Psalm 40:3
He has given me a new song to sing,a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed.They will put their trust in the Lord.

Psalm 51:15
Unseal my lips, O Lord,that my mouth may praise you.

Psalm 56:10
I praise God for what he has promised; Yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.

Psalm 59:17
O my Strength, to you I sing praises,for you, O God, are my refuge,the God who shows me unfailing love.

Psalm 63:3
Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!

Psalm 68:19
Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day he carries us in his arms.

Psalm 71:23
I will shout for joy and sing your praises,for you have ransomed me.

Psalm 104:33
I will sing to the Lord as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath!

Psalm 118:28
You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you!

Jana Markley, PhD said...

There's something glorious about waiting upon the Lord.

Wish I could do it like you. :) Take heart. Rescue is coming.

lisa guier said...

You are showing amazing faith and persistance through the journey and it's a great witness to all of us seeing you go and grow through this. thanks for being such a great example of trusting God's timing. I know it was disappointing but you are NOT defeated!
2 Corinthians 4:8
We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair.

i'll be praying for you all.