Thursday, April 9, 2009

Throw me a bone!


Well, a lot of you have asked but...nothing new. I really wish someone would throw us a bone. Just a little tidbit of info. ..............I have been trying to concentrate on Psalm 62 that says: I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from Him. I suppose I need to do just that, wait quietly and remember whose ultimately in control over the entire situation.
tick-tock-tick-tock....
Meanwhile both of our guys started a little spring basketball this week and they're excited about that. But, while I have your attention, could I please be a proud mom for a minute? Some of you know that Dakota has to raise his own money to return to the mission trip in Peru this year. We have been so pleased with his effort and dedication. The fact that he has spent some afternoons after school and some full Saturdays to raise funds, not for a trip to lay on the beach or to CO to ride his motorcycle but to serve the Lord....does his parents' hearts good. He is well on his way!! Thanks so much to all who have helped and by doing so, becoming part of his journey!
Also, Mr. Dayton is excited to be taking an IQ test in the next couple weeks to see if he qualifies for the 'gifted' program at the middle school (Eagle Talent). He's a smart little cookie:0) Yep, you guessed it, Larry and I are still racking our brains to see where those genes came from.
Thanks for all of your love, concern, and prayers!
Love to all~Laci

2 comments:

lisa guier said...

it is hard to wait but we know we can trust God with His timing. You all have done a great job with your guys. You should be proud. I'l be praying for a bone to be thrown!!!

Carolyn said...

There is an appointed time for everything!!!!
Exod.9
[5] "And the LORD appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the LORD shall do this thing in the land."

Girlfriend, the time has been appointed by the Lord, and I know the waiting is the hardest part. God has wisdom and proection surrounding this whole situation... Hold on His time is coming, and oh it will be so sweet!!!
Love you girl!